Yukihiro Takahashi - Neuromantic album
l am not receiving any payment for the music l upload.
Listen free to Yukihiro Takahashi – Neuromantic. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
Neuromantic (CD, Album, RE). Spalax Music.
Technically a solo album, both Ryuichi Sakamoto and Harry Hosono lend a hand, as does stalwart YMO sessionman Kenji Omura, and the band's Western lyricists Peter Barakan and Chris Mosdell. More surprising are the appearances by Roxy Music's Phil Manzanera and Andy Mackay, lending guitar and sax to half the tracks. Stylistically, the album is a companion piece to YMO's Technodelic (from the same year), sharing much of the same sound and feel.
Released May 24, 1981. Neuromantic Tracklist.
No one has said anything yet. In Library (2). Contributions By.
What, Me Worry? (ボク、大丈夫!! Boku, Daijōbu!!), released in 1982, is Yukihiro Takahashi's fourth solo album. As well as his YMO bandmates Ryuichi Sakamoto and Haruomi Hosono, this album features guest appearances by Zaine Griff, Tony Mansfield, and Bill Nelson. In Japan this album reached No. 35 on the Oricon LP chart. All lyrics written by Yukihiro Takahashi and Peter Barakan; all music composed by Takahashi, except were noted. Yukihiro Takahashi - Keyboards, Drums, Percussion, Vocals, Producer.
Neuromantic is Yukihiro Takahashi's self-produced 1981 album and featured his YMO colleagues Haruomi Hosono and Ryuichi Sakamoto on keyboards. Tony Mansfield and Phil Manzanera also played on the album. The title of William Gibson's novel Neuromancer is inspired by this album's title, which is a pun on the early 1980s British fashion movement, the New Romantics. All lyrics written by Yukihiro Takahashi and Peter Barakan; all music composed by Takahashi, except where noted.
Is Neuromantic the best album by Yukihiro Takahashi? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. This album At A Glance. Neuromantic by Yukihiro Takahashi (1981) Overall rank: 36,599th.
Neuromantic Mini Sleeve. Recorded while Yukihiro Takahashi was in full swing drumming/singing with the Yellow Magic Orchestra, this album might as well have been called a YMO album because both its other members (Haruomi Hosono and Ryuichi Sakamoto) play their keyboards here. And certainly (and naturally) the mostly fast rhythms are very similar to those in YMO's music as well as the album's overall mood. But some other musicians make an appearance as well, such as Phil Manzanera and Andy Mackay both taking a break from Roxy Music.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Lyrics By – Haruomi HosonoLyrics By [Translated] – Peter BarakanMusic By – Haruomi Hosono
|A4||New (Red) Roses||3:46|
|B2||Drip Dry Eyes
Written-By – Chris Mosdell, Yukihiro Takahashi
Music By – Riuichi Sakamoto*
|B5||Something In The Air||4:50|
- Manufactured By – CBS Records Canada Ltd.
- Distributed By – CBS Records Canada Ltd.
- Artwork By [Art Direction, Illustration] – Yukimasa Okumura
- Artwork By [Design] – Hiromi Kanai, Tomohiro Itami
- Backing Vocals – Tony Mansfield
- Computer [Programming, Operation] – Hideki Matsutake
- Engineer – Mitsuo Koike, Steve Nye
- Engineer [Assistant] – Ian Little, Renata Blauel*, Yoshifumi Ito*
- Executive Producer – Shoro Kawazoe
- Guitar – Kenji Omura, Phil Manzanera
- Keyboards – Haruomi Hosono, Riuichi Sakamoto*, Tony Mansfield, Yukihiro Takahashi
- Lyrics By – Peter Barakan (tracks: A1, A3, B1, B3, B5), Yukihiro Takahashi (tracks: A1, A3, B1, B3, B5)
- Mixed By – Steve Nye, Yukihiro Takahashi
- Music By – Yukihiro Takahashi (tracks: A1, A3, B1, B5)
- Other [Artist Relations] – Kazusuke Obi
- Other [Equipment] – Takeshi Fujii
- Other [Management] – Peter Barakan, Yoichi Ito
- Other [Recording Coordination] – Hiroshi Kato, Toshi Yajima
- Other [Stylist] – Lorraine Kinman
- Photography – Masayoshi Sukita, Sheila Rock
- Producer, Vocals, Drums – Yukihiro Takahashi
- Saxophone, Oboe – Andy Mackay
NotesRecorded March-May 1981 at Studio “A” (Tokyo), Air Studios (London) and Gallery Studio (Chertsey).
|ALR-28018||Yukihiro Takahashi = 高橋幸宏*||Yukihiro Takahashi = 高橋幸宏* - Neuromantic = ニウロマンティック (LP, Album)||Alfa||ALR-28018||Japan||1981|
|ALCA-361||Yukihiro Takahashi||Neuromantic (CD, Album)||Alfa||ALCA-361||Japan||1992|
|AAF-16009||Yukihiro Takahashi||Neuromantic (LP, Album)||Epic||AAF-16009||Canada||1981|
|AAF 16009||Yukihiro Takahashi||Neuromantic (LP)||Alfa||AAF 16009||New Zealand||1981|
|SPALAXCD14501||Yukihiro Takahashi||Neuromantic (CD, Album, RE)||Spalax Music||SPALAXCD14501||France||1996|