The Police / Rita Coolidge - Wrapped Around Your Finger / All Time High album
Music video by The Police performing Wrapped Around Your Finger.
NOTE- This file is the author's own work and represents their interpretation of the song
Wrapped Around Your Finger" is the second UK single (and fourth US single) from the Police's 1983 album Synchronicity. Written by Sting, it was released worldwide by A&M Records and featured the non-album track "Someone to Talk To" as a B-side in the UK, while a live version of "Tea in the Sahara" was the US B-side. Like other tracks on Synchronicity, such as "Every Breath You Take" and "King of Pain," "Wrapped Around Your Finger" was a personal song for Sting.
Wrapped Around Your Finger is the second UK and fourth US single from 1983’s blockbuster album Synchronicity. It is another observation on control and the empowered protégé, and features mythological and literary references, including the Scylla and Charybdis monsters of Greek mythology, and the German legend of Faust. Its music video directed by Godley & Creme
In "Wrapped Around Your Finger," the band is inside a labyrinth of candles, which Sting knocks down at the end. It's all in slow motion, but the lip-sync is in time with the music - something that required an unusual performance. Speaking with Songfacts, Kevin Godley explained the concept and execution: "The song was very graceful and very elegant, and we had the idea of the candles, but just filming them among candles didn't seem enough - there was something lacking in the idea. visually, it would look great, but it was about how it moved . The rock band Underoath did a cover of this song on the 2005 Police tribute album Policia! A Tribute To The Police. The band Brazil also covered this on the Punk Goes '80s CD.
Wrapped Around Your Finger" as written by and Gordon Matthew Sumner. You consider me the young apprentice Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes Hypnotized by you if I should linger Staring at the ring around your finger. I have only come here seeking knowledge Things they would not teach me of in college I can see the destiny you sold turned into a shining band of gold. The mythological references cleverly mask what was going on in the songwriter Sting's head at the time. While recording the album in remote Monserrat for tax/relaxation purposes hostilitis between the band members often reached boiling point. They were all bearing grudges toward each other. Indeed, they broke up after the album was recorded. This song is about the relationship between the growing superstar Sting and the by then vastly experienced Andy Summers.
The Police song "Wrapped Around Your Finger", taken from their 1983 album "Synchronicity", contains the line 'you consider me the young apprentice, caught between the Scylla and Charybdis'. What or who were "Scylla and Charybdis" you may ask? Well interestingly there are two answers to this. The first is Scylla and Charybdis are two sea monsters of Greek mythology who were situated on opposite sides of the Strait Of Messina between Sicily and Italy.
1) Re-Flex (1) Ready For The World (1) Real Life (2) Red Box (1) REO Speedwagon (2) Richard Marx (6) Richard Sanderson (1) Rick Astley (9) Rick Springfield (8) Righeira (2) Rita Mitsouko (1) Robbie Nevil (1) Robert Palmer (3) Robin Beck (2) Robin Gibb (1) Rock Steady Crew (1) Rockwell (1) Rod Stewart (8) Romantics (1) Rose Laurens (1) Roxette (5. 12) When In Rome (1) Whitesnake (4) Whitney Houston (9) Will To Power (2) Womack & Womack (1) Yazoo (4) Yazz (1) Yello (4) Yes (1) Young MC (2). Similar 80’s Songs. The Police – Don’t Stand So Close To Me. The Police – Message In A Bottle. The Police – Invisible Sun. The Police – De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. The Police – Wrapped Around Your Finger. Milli Vanilli – Girl You Know It’s True.
Wrapped around the fingerunknown. 1. A term used when a girl has a guy under their command. 2. Means the guy will pretty much follow their girl's every wish and do whatever she wants. So, how's Chris?" "I have him wrapped around the finger. by chris hardewig January 22, 2006. 254. 48. Get a Wrapped around the finger mug for your barber Sarah.
Wrapped Around Your Finger (live Police cover) Tori Amos & Bjork. You've Got Me Wrapped Around Your Little Finger Beth Rowley. 2:58 Joe "Fingers" Webster and His River City Jazzmen.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A||–The Police||Wrapped Around Your Finger
Mastered By – DD*Producer – Hugh Padgham, The PoliceWritten-By – Sting
|AA||–Rita Coolidge||All Time High
Arranged By, Directed By, Producer, Written-By – John BarryLyrics By – Tim RiceMastered By – Inzadi*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Dischi
- Made By – CBS
- Licensed From – A&M Records
- Published By – Magnetic Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Blackwood Music Ltd.
NotesSerie Speciale Juke Box. Vietata La Vendita Al Pubblico (Special Series Jukebox. Not for public retail sale)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout area side A): CI AMS 9299-1N -13-10-1983 DD
- Matrix / Runout (Runout area side AA): CI AMS 9286-1N 13-06-1983 Inzadi
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): CI AMS 9299-1N
- Matrix / Runout (Label side AA): CI AMS 9286-1N
- Rights Society: SIAE