The Canadian Brass - Swingtime! album
Swingtime! is an album by the Canadian Brass, released in 1995. The album featured new arrangements of several jazz standards.
Best Of The Canadian Brass - The Canadian Brass. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией
Canadian Brass would like to thank FACTOR (The Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent On Recordings) for their assistance on this album.
Complete your The Canadian Brass collection. The Canadian Brass – Swingtime! Genre: Jazz, Classical. Swingtime! (CD, Album).
Album by The Canadian Brass. Blue Rondo À La Turk.
The Canadian Brass' harmonized parts somehow blend right in with the earlier recordings, accentuating the playing of the main soloists. All in all, this is a fascinating release, one of the best by the good-humored ensemble.
Cover information about the songs on the release Swingtime! by The Canadian Brass: who covered the songs, who sang the originals. SecondHandSongs is building the most comprehensive source of cover song information.
Brass Romance - Single. Canadian Brass Takes Flight. The Classics: Between Bach & Handel. English Renaissance Music. Christmas With the Canadian Brass and the Great Organ of St. Patrick's Cathedral. The Pachelbel Canon - The Canadian Brass Plays Great Baroque Music. Unexplored Territory. The Pachelbel Canon: The Canadian Brass Plays Great Baroque Music. All You Need Is Love.
Canadian Brass è un quintetto di ottoni canadese fondato da Chuck Daellenbach, Stuart Laughton, e Gene Watts nel 1970. Oltre ad avere una intensissima attività concertistica, i Canadian Brass hanno inciso più di cinquanta album. Hanno suonato e inciso centinaia di trascrizioni, arrangiamenti e opere originali per quintetto d'ottoni.
Make Our Garden Grow (From "Candide"). The Canadian Brass Plays Bernstein. Composers: Leonard Bernstein. 03. Jet Song (From "West Side Story"). 04. Maria (From "West Side Story"). 05. Something's Coming (From "West Side Story"). A Boy Like That - I Have a Love (From "West Side Story").
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Artistry In Rhythm
Ensemble – The Canadian Brass Jazz All-StarsWritten-By – Stan Kenton
|2||Blue Rondo À La Turk
Percussion – Gordon GottliebPiano – Warren BernhardtWritten-By – Dave Brubeck
|3||Back Home In Indiana
Written-By – Ballard MacDonald, James Hanley*
|4||Night And Day
Bass – Pierre MichelotDrums – Kenny ClarkeEnsemble – Zoot Sims QuartetPiano – Gerry Wiggins*Tenor Saxophone – Zoot SimsWritten-By – Cole Porter
|5||'Round About Midnight
Bass – John Miller Cello – Maria KitsopoulosDrums – Ronnie ZitoPiano – Warren BernhardtViola – Crystal GarnerViolin – Belinda Whitney-Barratt, Natalie Cenovia Cummins*, Evan Johnson, Karen KarlsrudWritten-By – Bert Hanighen*, Cootie Williams, Thelonious Monk
|6||At The Woodchopper's Ball
Clarinet – Richard StoltzmanEnsemble – The Canadian Brass Jazz All-StarsWritten-By – Joe Bishop, Woody Herman
|7||The Lady Is A Tramp
Baritone Saxophone – Gerry MulliganBass – Red MitchellDrums – Frank IsolaEnsemble – Gerry Mulligan QuartetTrombone – Bob BrookmeyerWritten-By – Richard Rogers - Lorenz Hart*
Written-By – Clarence Williams, Lucy Fletcher
|9||The Man I Love
Bass – Pierre MichelotDrums – Ed ShaughnessyPiano – Dick HymanTenor Saxophone – Zoot SimsTrumpet – Roy EldridgeWritten-By – George & Ira Gershwin
|10||Whatever Happened To The Dream
Written-By – Luther Henderson
|11||Concierto De Aranjuez
Bass – John MIller Cello – Maria KitsopoulosPercussion – Gordon GottliebViola – Crystal GarnerViolin – Belinda Whitney-Barratt, Natalie Cenovia Cummins*, Evan Johnson, Karen KarlsrudWritten-By – Joaquin Rodrigo*
|12||I Found Love
Written-By – Chris Dedrick
Written-By – Barney Bigard, Duke Ellington, Irving Mills
|13b||Don't Get Around Much Anymore
Written-By – Bob Russell, Duke Ellington
|13c||Take The 'A' Train
Ensemble – The Canadian Brass Jazz All-StarsWritten-By – Billy Strayhorn
|14||One O'Clock Jump
Ensemble – The Canadian Brass Jazz All-StarsGuitar – Joe TaylorWritten-By – Count Basie
- Alto Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet – Chuck Wilson (tracks: 6, 14)
- Alto Saxophone, Flute, Piccolo Flute, Clarinet – Lawrence Feldman (tracks: 6, 14)
- Arranged By – Chris Dedrick (tracks: 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12,), Don Sebesky (tracks: 1, 6, 13, 14,), Luther Henderson (tracks: 3, 8,)
- Art Direction – J. J. Stelmach
- Bass – John Miller
- Bass Clarinet, Baritone Saxophone, Flute – Roger Rosenberg (tracks: 6, 14)
- Contractor – John Miller
- Copyist – Emile Charlap, Larry Abel
- Drums – Ronnie Zito
- Engineer – Dominick Barbera (tracks: 2 to 5, 7 to 12), Jay Newland (tracks: 1, 6, 13, 14)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Adam Blackburn (tracks: 2 to 5, 7 to 12), Adam Michael Scielvi
- French Horn – Bob Carlisle (tracks: 1, 13), Jeff Lang (tracks: 1, 13), Peter Gordon (tracks: 1, 13)
- French Horn [Horn] – David Ohanian
- Guitar – Gene Bertoncini
- Keyboards – Warren Bernhardt
- Leader – Don Sebesky
- Liner Notes – Chris Dedrick, Don Sebesky, Luther Henderson
- Mastered By – Marian Conaty
- Percussion – Gordon Gottlieb, Joe Passaro
- Photography By [Cover] – Carol Weinberg
- Producer, Mixed By – Steve Vining
- Tenor Saxophone, Bass Clarinet, Clarinet – Ken Hitchcock (tracks: 6, 14)
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet – Dave Tofani (tracks: 6, 14)
- Trombone – Eugene Watts, Keith O'Quinn, Larry Farrell
- Trombone [Bass] – Paul Falise*
- Trumpet – Frederic Mills, Neal Balm*, Rick Baptiste*, Ronald Romm, Tony Kadleck
- Tuba – Charles Daellenbach
NotesTracks 1, 6, 13, 14 recorded April 26, 1995 at Clinton Studio A, NYC.
Tracks 2 to 5, 7 to 12 recorded April 10-17, 1995 at Soundtrack Studio A, NYC.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 9026-68315-2 4
|09026-68315-2||The Canadian Brass||Swingtime! (CD, Album)||RCA Victor||09026-68315-2||US||1995|