Ray Obiedo - Modern World album
Ray Obiedo Cha la island-Sweet Summer Days.
Скачай Ray Obiedo - What in the World mp3 ♫ 06:00 320 kbps 1. 6 m. .
One of Windham Hill's core jazz guitarists long before the label became a smooth jazz haven, Ray Obiedo jumps ship to a new label but offers up the same appealing mix of in-the-pocket radio-ready niceties (the bubbly and melodic "Carousel") and more aggressive and exotic Latin extravaganzas like "Sunset.
2008 album from one of San Francisco's premier Jazz guitarists. Displaying his exceptional talent for fusing Urban Jazz with Brazilian Funk and dynamic Caribbean rhythms, Ray has developed a very unique and distinctive guitar style. His reputation for musical excellence, versatility and raw rhythmic creativity has earned him countless sessions with Herbie Hancock, George Duke and Rodney Franklin. Modern World delivers a delightfully uplifting homage to his R&B roots with generous excerpts of his trademark Latin-Jazz grooves that will satisfy virtually every Jazz lover.
Artist: Ray Obiedo Title Of Album:Modern World Year Of Release: 1999 Label: Domo Genre: Smooth Jazz Quality: mp3Flac (tracks+. Tracklist : 1 Carousel 04:34 2 Slight Accent 04:43 3 Slow Hot Wind 05:12 4 Never 05:30 5 August Song 06:19 6 Modern World 04:31 7 A Thousand Reasons 04:44 8 Sunset 05:36 9 Reflections 00:50 10 Song For Julian 07:20. Download Скачать: Lossless.
Ray Obiedo (born January 27, 1952 in Richmond, California) is an American contemporary jazz guitarist. Obiedo grew up in Richmond, California, and began playing guitar at age 17. Initially he played both jazz and R&B, appearing on record with Herbie Hancock, Julian Priester, and Sheila E. He was the leader of the jazz fusion group Kick and the rock band Rhythmus 21. In 1989 he signed with Windham Hill Records, with whom he released five albums in eight years. Perfect Crime (Windham Hill, 1989).
After 1995's African-influenced Zulaya, he resurfaced two years later with Sweet Summer Days, and 1999 saw Obiedo move to the Domo label for the release of Modern World, a hybrid of R&B, pop, and Latin jazz. Owner of Werewolf Studio in Oakland, California.
Listen to Sunset from Ray Obiedo's Modern World for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Contemporary jazz composer and guitarist Obiedo had an eclectic musical background during his youth, spent in the Bay Area of San Francisco. View full artist profile.
|3||Slow Hot Wind||5:10|
|7||A Thousand Reasons||4:43|
- Copyright (c) – Domo Records, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Domo Records, Inc.
- Manufactured By – Narada Productions, Inc.
- Distributed By – Narada Productions, Inc.
- Recorded At – Werewolf Studio
- Recorded At – FineTune Music
- Mixed At – Werewolf Studio
- Mastered At – Ken Lee Mastering
- Bass – Curtis Ohlson, Marc Van Wageningen, Nelson Braxton
- Congas – Jonathan Bendich
- Congas, Wood Block, Shaker [Shaker & Shakerine], Bongos, Triangle, Bells, Shekere, Snare, Percussion [Lamp Shade] – Peter Michael Escovedo
- Cymbal [Cymbals & Hi Hat] – Celso Alberti
- Cymbal [Cymbals] – Paul Van Wageningen
- Drum Programming – David Garibaldi
- Electric Guitar, Keyboards, Drum Programming, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Piano [Rhodes], Piano – Ray Obiedo
- Guiro – Pete Escovedo
- Guiro, Timbales, Tamborim – Karl Perazzo
- Harmonica – Jean "Toots' Thielemans*
- Mastered By – Ken Lee
- Pandeiro, Tamborim, Shaker, Cuica [Quica], Bata, Shekere, Caxixi – Michael Spiro
- Piano – Peter Horvath
- Piano, Strings, Arranged By [Strings] – David Kirk Mathews*
- Producer, Composed By, Arranged By, Recorded By, Mixed By – Ray Obiedo
- Steel Drums [Steel Pan] – Andy Narell
- Tenor Saxophone – Bob Mintzer
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute, Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone – Norbert Stachel
- Trumpet – Bill Ortiz
- Vocals – Becky West, Jenny Meltzer, Sandy Cressman
NotesRecorded and mixed at Werewolf Studios, Oakland, CA by Ray Obiedo.
Additional recording at FineTune Music, Los Angeles, CA.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 724384749026