The Telescopes - Splashdown: The Complete Creation Recordings 1990-1992 album
From the Inner Void I Fear. The Presence of Your Grace.
The Telescopes Lyrics Precious LittleLyrics High On Fire (May 1992)Lyrics You Set My SoulLyrics SpaceshipsLyrics The Presence Of Your GraceLyrics AndLyrics Flying (May 1992)Lyrics YeahLyrics Ocean DriveLyrics Please Tell MotherLyrics To The ShoreLyrics The Sleepwalk (Sitar Version)Lyrics Candy.
Текст песни: Precious little look outside the sea crashes for you Beneath eternal like a dolphin swims away from here I would be precious little without you You follow me through every thought I see you follow me Just to comfort me through every litt.
Between 1990 and 1992, the Telescopes were on the kind of creative roll most bands only dream about. Newly signed to Creation after releasing a brace of scathingly abrasive recordings, including the underrated Taste album, for Cheree and What Goes On, the band launched a series of EPs that blended their noise rock tendencies with blown-out Technicolor pop and dreamy atmospheres and came up with the most psychedelic version of shoegaze of all their contemporaries.
Album · 2015 · 36 Songs. From the Inner Void I Fear. 2. High on Fire (May 1992).
Precious Little, 03:14. Never Hurt You, 04:58. You Set My Soul, 03:43. The Presence of Your Grace, 03:25. Never Learn Not to Love, 03:57.
The Telescopes never achieved the press traction of Spacemen 3, Loop or My Bloody Valentine, splitting in ’92 (they’re now active again). Loud to the point of confrontational in their gigs, they didn’t catch the perfect single to go large, while their albums were doomy and somewhat oppressive. After early indie inroads they signed to Creation, where across EPs such as Precious Little, Everso and Flying they edged from aggression to faintly dance-worthy. The album Second (as that title shows, they weren’t even allowed to call it what they wanted without compromising) was a murky, intense brawl of sound. Today it seems very much of its time, tinnier and scrappier than it felt at the time of release. But its contribution to the growth of shoegaze, or dream pop, was valid. Gathered here are the album and EP tracks, plus held-over planned B-sides and an unissued Peel session.
Free download and listen Splashdown: The Complete Creation Recordings 1990-1992. The Telescopes - From the Inner Void I Fear 03:06. The Telescopes - High on Fire (May 1992) 03:11. The Telescopes - Flying (May 1992) 02:51. The Telescopes - The Sleepwalk 02:47. The Telescopes - Candy Says 04:01. The Telescopes - The Good's Gone 05:53. The Telescopes - Please Tell Mother ) 02:54. The Telescopes - Splashdown ) 02:45. The Telescopes - To the Shore ) 02:26. The Telescopes - The Presence of Your Grace ) 02:44.
Artist: The Telescopes. Album: Splashdown The Complete Creation Recordings. CD2: 01 – Splashdown 02 – High On Fire (May 1992) 03 – You Set My Soul 04 – Spaceships 05 – The Presence Of Your Grace 06 – And 07 – Flying (May 1992) 08 – Yeah 09 – Ocean Drive 10 – Please Tell Mother 11 – To The Shore 12 – The Sleepwalk (Sitar Version) 13 – Candy Says 14 – The Good’s Gone 15 – Please Tell Mother (John Peel Session 15991). 16 – Splashdown (John Peel Session 15991) 17 – To The Shore (John Peel Session 15991) 18 – The Presence Of Your Grace (John Peel Session 15991).
|1-2||Deep Hole Ends||4:02|
|1-3||Never Hurt You||4:58|
|1-6||Never Learn Not To Love||3:57|
|1-7||Wish Of You||1:21|
|1-9||All A Dreams||3:38|
|1-12||Soul Full Of Tears||2:33|
|1-13||High On Fire||2:43|
|1-15||Tornado (Alternative Version Of Flying)||2:46|
|1-18||From The Inner Void I Fear||3:06|
|2-2||High On Fire||3:11|
|2-3||You Set My Soul||3:43|
|2-5||The Presence Of Your Grace||3:25|
|2-10||Please Tell Mother||3:46|
|2-11||To The Shore||2:49|
|2-12||The Sleepwalk (Sitar Version)||2:47|
|2-14||The Good's Gone||5:53|
|John Peel Session 15/9/91|
|2-15||Please Tell Mother||2:54|
|2-17||To The Shore||2:26|
|2-18||The Presence Of Your Grace||2:44|
- Licensed To – Cherry Red Records Ltd.
- Licensed From – The Telescopes
- Licensed From – BBC Worldwide Ltd.
- Marketed By – Cherry Red Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – Cherry Red Records Ltd.
- Manufactured By – EDC, Germany – 53841371
- Manufactured By – EDC, Germany – 53841373
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – The Telescopes
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – BBC Worldwide Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Cherry Red Records Ltd.
- Published By – Heavy Truth Music Publishing
- Published By – Wixen Music
- Published By – Screen Gems-EMI Music
- Published By – Fabulous Music
- Mastered At – Another Planet Music
- Compiled By – Stephen Lawrie
- Design – Lora Findlay
- Liner Notes – Jon Dale
- Mastered By – Simon Murphy
- Product Manager [Project Management For Cherry Red] – John Reed
- Written-By – Dennis Wilson (tracks: 1-6), Lou Reed (tracks: 2-13), Pete Townshend (tracks: 2-14), Stephen Lawrie (tracks: 1-1 to 1-5, 1-7 to 2-12 & 2-15 to 2-18)
Notes'Candy Says' was released on Various - Heaven And Hell Volume One: A Tribute To The Velvet Underground. 'The Good's Gone' was released on Various - Who Covers Who.
Contains 12 page booklet with extensive liner notes by Jon Dale in 2015.
Track durations not stated on this release.
Manufactured in EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 013929 167438
- Barcode (String): 5013929167438
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 1): 00095 53841 367 02 * 53841371
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 1, Inner Ring): A
- Mastering SID Code (Disc 1): IFPI LV26
- Mould SID Code (Disc 1): IFPI 0114
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 2): 00095 53841 368 01 * 53841373
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 2, Inner Ring): A
- Mastering SID Code (Disc 2): IFPI LV26
- Mould SID Code (Disc 2): IFPI 0115
- Rights Society: MCPS