Cameo - Word Up! album
Word Up! Release Date 1986. Fast, Fierce & Funny.
Album · 1986 · 7 Songs. Funk Essentials - The 12" Collection and More: Cameo.
Word Up!" is a funk and R&B song originally recorded by American funk band Cameo in 1986. The song was written by band members Larry Blackmon and Tomi Jenkins. Its frequent airing, on American dance and R&B radio, as well as its MTV music video (in which LeVar Burton appears as a police detective trying to arrest the band), helped the single become the band's best known hit.
Word Up. Исполнитель. 80S Clubmix Xxl, Vol. 1. Авторы текста и музыки. Tomi Jenkins, Larry Blackmon. UMG (от лица компании "Selected"); LatinAutor - UMPG, UMPG Publishing, LatinAutor, ASCAP, UMPI, BMI - Broadcast Music In. CMRRA, UBEM" и другие авторские общества (10). UMG (от лица компании "Island Mercury"); LatinAutor - UMPG, UMPI, CMRRA, UMPG Publishing, BMI - Broadcast Music In. UBEM, ASCAP, LatinAutor" и другие авторские общества (5). Купить в Google Play.
Produced by Larry Blackmon. Album Word Up! Word Up! Lyrics. Oh! Yo, pretty ladies around the world Got a weird thing to show you So tell all the boys and girls Tell yo brother, yo sister And yo momma too 'Cause we're about to throw down And you'll know just what to do Wave your hands in the air Like you don't care Glide by the people as they. start to look and stare Do your dance, do your dance Do your dance quick, mama Come on baby, tell me, what's the word? Oh, word up! Everybody say when you hear their call You've got.
Word Up! is an album by American funk/R&B group Cameo, released in 1986. The album made Cameo one of the most successful bands of the 1980s and includes two of their biggest hit singles, "Word Up!" and "Candy". Tracks 1, 2, 3, 6 & 7 published by All Seeing Eye Music-Better Days Music. Tracks 4 & 5 published by All Seeing Eye Music-Better Days Music-Better Nights Music. Larry Blackmon – lead vocals, bass guitar, drums, percussion, backing vocals. Tomi Jenkins – lead vocals, backing vocals.
Word Up! (LP, Album). Atlanta Artists, Casablanca. Word Up (LP, Album). Word Up, Back and Forth, but my favourite is Candy, amazing song!! Reply Notify me 1 Helpful. Marketplace 0 82 For Sale from €. 0.
Word Up!" is a funk/hip hop song originally written and recorded by Cameo. Due to its heavy play on American pop and R&B radio, as well as music video play on MTV, the single became the band's most well-known hit. From the album of the same name, "Word Up!" was Cameo's first top-forty US hit, peaking at number six on the Billboard Hot 100 and also spent three weeks at number one on the US Hot Black Singles chart.
Word Up!" Yo, pretty ladies around the world Got a weird thing to show you so tell all the boys and girls Tell your brother, your sister and your mama too 'Cause we're about to throw down and you'll know just what to do. Wave your hands in the air like you don't care Glide by the people as they start to look and stare Do your dance, do your dance, do your dance quick, mama Come on, baby, tell me what's the word
Both commercially and creatively, Word Up! was a major triumph for Cameo.
|3||Back And Forth||6:33|
|4||Don't Be Lonely||5:19|
|6||Fast, Fierce & Funny||4:09|
|7||You Can Have The World||4:38|
- Record Company – USM Japan
- Produced For – Atlanta Artists Productions
- Produced For – Atlanta Artists Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Def Jam Music Group
- Copyright (c) – Island Def Jam Music Group
- Recorded At – Quad Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Counterpoint Studios
- Recorded At – Power Station
- Recorded At – Sound Ideas Studios
- Mixed At – Quad Recording Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Marketed By – Universal Music LLC
- Distributed By – Universal Music LLC
- Arranged By – Larry Blackmon
- Art Direction – Bill Levy
- Backing Vocals – Charlie Singleton, Larry Blackmon, Melvin Wells, Michael Burnett, Nathan Leftenant, Tomi Jenkins, Willie Morris
- Bass – Aaron Mills, Larry Blackmon, Michael Burnett
- Drum Programming – Sammy Merendino
- Drums – Larry Blackmon
- Engineer [Assistant] – Henry Falco
- Engineer [Mixing] – Alan Meyerson, Dave Ogrin
- Engineer [Recording, Mixing] – Eric Calvi, Matthew "Krash" Kasha*
- Engineer [Recording] – Jerry Soloman*, Larry Alexander, Michel Sauvage
- Guitar – Charlie Singleton, Patrick Buchanon*
- Horns – Melvin Wells, Michael Brecker, Randy Brecker, Uptown Horns
- Keyboards – Bernard Wright, Eric Rehl, Kenni Hairston, Kevin Kendricks*, Merv De Peyer
- Lead Vocals – Larry Blackmon, Tomi Jenkins
- Liner Notes – 大伴良則*
- Mastered By – José Rodriquez*
- Percussion – Duduka Fonseca*, Giovanni Hidalgo, Larry Blackmon, Steve Thornton
- Photography By – Chris Callas*
- Producer – Larry Blackmon
- Programmed By [Synclavier] – Peter Scherer
Notes℗ & © 1986 Island Def Jam Music Group
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 4988005724786
- Barcode (Scanned): 4988005724786
- Matrix / Runout: UICY-25329 1A V
- Matrix / Runout: [4x Universal Music logo]
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L245
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 4011
- Rights Society: JASRAC
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Label Code: LC 0268
- SPARS Code: DDD
|830 265-1 M-1, 422-830 265-1 M-1||Cameo||Word Up! (LP, Album, 53-)||Atlanta Artists, Atlanta Artists||830 265-1 M-1, 422-830 265-1 M-1||US||1986|
|830 265-2||Cameo||Word Up! (CD, Album, RE)||Mercury||830 265-2||US||Unknown|
|830 265-2 M-1, 830 265-2||Cameo||Word Up! (CD, Album)||Mercury, Mercury||830 265-2 M-1, 830 265-2||Europe||1986|
|R28C-2005||Cameo||Word Up! (LP, Album)||Atlanta Artists, Casablanca||R28C-2005||Japan||1986|
|830 265-1||Cameo||Word Up (LP, Album)||Mercury, PolyGram Greece||830 265-1||Greece||1986|