Charlie Haden & Pat Metheny - Beyond The Missouri Sky (Short Stories) album
Pat Metheny, Charlie Haden.
Listen to Charlie Haden & Pat Metheny Radio featuring songs from Beyond the Missouri Sky (Short Stories) free online. Слушать бесплатное интернет-радио, спорт, музыку, новости, разговорное и подкасты
Charlie Haden and Pat Metheny have been good friends since the 1970s, so it comes as a bit of a surprise that Beyond the Missouri Sky should be their first duet album together. Both musicians are from small towns in Missouri, which leads Metheny to speculate in the liner notes if this similarity of childhood ambience might have something to do with the two players' obvious love and affinity for each other. Whatever the answer, the result of this logical pairing is a rather somber and moody one. Metheny has a dark tone on his electric guitar, and on Beyond the Missouri Sky, where he plays.
Beyond the Missouri Sky (Short Stories) is a jazz album by bassist Charlie Haden and guitarist Pat Metheny that won the Grammy Award for Best Jazz Instrumental Performance. The Precious Jewel" had been made popular by the Delmore Brothers, who were a major influence on Charlie Haden. Waltz for Ruth" was composed especially for this album and is dedicated to Haden's wife. Tears of Rain" is also an original composition for this project by Metheny, recorded with his sitar guitar.
Liner Notes – Charlie Haden, Pat Metheny. Other – Linda Manzer. Photography By – Janush Kawa, Latifa Azhar. Photography By – Tom Dietrich. Producer – Charlie Haden, Pat Metheny. Product Manager – Patrick Votan. Technician – Carolyn Chrzan. Transferred By, Technician – David Oakes. Packaged in a four-panel Digipak with fixed 16-page booklet. Recorded and mixed at Right Track Studio, NYC, 1996.
LP1: Side 1. A1. Waltz For Ruth (4:28) Written-By - Charlie Haden A2. Our Spanish Love Song (5:40) Written-By - Charlie Haden A3. Message To A Friend (6:13) Written-By - Pat Metheny. Side 3. C1. He's Gone Away (4:18) Arranged By - Charlie Haden, Pat Metheny, Written-By - Traditional C2. The Moon Song (6:56) Written-By - Johnny Mandel C3. Tears Of Rain (5:30) Written-By - Pat Metheny.
Charlie Haden – bass. Pat Metheny – acoustic guitars and all other instruments. 1997 – 40th Annual GRAMMY Awards. Beyond the Missouri Sky. Best Jazz Instrumental Performance. Charlie Haden; Pat Metheny (1997). Booklet: beyond the Missouri Sky (short stories)". v. t. e. Pat Metheny.
Tracklist: 1. "Waltz for Ruth" (Charlie Haden) – 4:28 2. "Our Spanish Love Song" (Charlie Haden) – 5:40 3. "Message to a Friend" (Pat Metheny) – 6:13 4. "Two for the Road" (Henry Mancini, Leslie Bricusse) – 5:16 5. "First Song" (Charlie Haden) – 6:37 6. "The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress" (Jim Webb) – 4:05 7. "Precious Jewel" (Roy Acuff) – 3:47. Pat Metheny’s Web Site Pat Metheny’s MySpace.
Artists Pat Metheny Beyond the Missouri Sky (Short Stories). Beyond the Missouri Sky (Short Stories). This album has an average beat per minute of 91 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 60/116 BPM). See the BPM profile of this album. Tracklist - Beyond the Missouri Sky (Short Stories).
Charlie Haden and Pat Metheny, both Missouri natives and best friends, join forces for a mostly acoustic duet album. All of the tunes were recorded as duets for acoustic bass and guitar, and on roughly half of the tunes, Metheny overdubbed some "orchestral" backgrounds on synclavier or an additional acoustic guitar part. Sytlistically, this album is a departure for both artists, especially Metheny.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Waltz For Ruth
Written-By – Charlie Haden
|2||Our Spanish Love Song
Written-By – Charlie Haden
|3||Message To A Friend
Written-By – Pat Metheny
|4||Two For The Road
Written-By – Henry Mancini, Leslie Bricusse
|5||First Song (For Ruth)
Written-By – Charlie Haden
|6||The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress
Words By, Music By – Jim Webb*
|7||The Precious Jewel
Words By, Music By – Roy Acuff
|8||He's Gone Away
Arranged By – Charlie Haden, Pat MethenyWritten-By – Traditional
|9||The Moon Song
Written-By – Johnny Mandel
|10||Tears Of Rain
Written-By – Pat Metheny
|11||Cinema Paradiso (Love Theme)
Written-By – Andrea Morricone
|12||Cinema Paradiso (Main Theme)
Written-By – Ennio Morricone
Words By, Music By – Josh Haden
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polydor/PolyGram S.A. France
- Copyright (c) – Polydor/PolyGram S.A. France
- Published By – Liberation Music
- Published By – Pat-Meth Music Corp.
- Published By – Warner Bros. Music
- Published By – Northridge Music Co.
- Published By – Dramatis Music Corp.
- Published By – Acuff-Rose Music, Inc.
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing
- Published By – Angel Heurtebise
- Recorded At – Right Track Recording
- Recorded At – Clinton Recording Studio
- Mixed At – Right Track Recording
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Pressed By – Cinram Optical Discs
- Acoustic Guitar [Acoustic Guitars], Instruments [All Other Instruments] – Pat Metheny
- Art Direction [Art Director] – Patrice Beauséjour
- Bass – Charlie Haden
- Coordinator [Production Assistance] – Ruth Cameron
- Coordinator [Production Coordinator In Paris] – Farida Bachir
- Design – CB Graphic
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer At Right Track Studio] – Joe Lizzi
- Engineer [Assistant Recording Engineer At Clinton Recording Studios] – Brook South
- Engineer [Digital Transfers And Technical Assistance] – David Oakes
- Engineer [Mastering Engineer] – Ted Jensen
- Engineer [Recording And Mixing Engineer At Right Track Studio] – J. Newland*
- Engineer [Recording Engineer At Clinton Recording Studios] – J. Newland*
- Executive-Producer – Daniel Richard, Jean-Philippe Allard
- Liner Notes – Charlie Haden, Pat Metheny
- Other [Acoustic Guitars Made By] – Linda Manzer
- Photography By – Janush Kawa*, Latifa Azhar
- Photography By [Countryside Photography] – Tom Dietrich
- Producer – Charlie Haden, Pat Metheny
- Product Manager – Patrick Votan
- Technician [Guitar Techncian] – Carolyn Chrzan
NotesPackaged in a four-panel Digipak with fixed 16-page booklet.
Recorded and mixed at Right Track Studio, NYC, 1996.
Additional recording at Clinton Recording Studios on April 15, 1996.
Mastered at Sterling Sound on November 6, 1996.
Tracks 1, 2, 5: Liberation Music BMI
Tracks 3, 10: Pat-Meth Music, Corp BMI
Track 4: Warner Brothers / Northridge Music BMI
Track 6: Dramatis Music Corp. BMI
Track 7: Acuff Rose Music Inc. BMI
Track 8: Pat-Meth Music, Corp. BMI/Liberatin Music BMI
Track 9: Copyright secur
Track 11, 12: EMI Music Publishing
Track 13: Angel Hertebise BMI
℗ 1997 Polydor/PolyGram S.A. France
© 1997 Polydor/PolyGram S.A. France
Very similar to Beyond The Missouri Sky (Short Stories) , but this version has "Made in the E.U. by Cinram Optical Discs" and not "Made in France by Cinram Optical Discs".
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 0731453713024
- Barcode (Text): 7 31453 71302 4
- Rights Society: B.I.E.M. MCPS
- Label Code: LC 0383
- Matrix / Runout: 537 130 2 00 Made in the E.U. by Cinram Optical Discs
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L004
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0272
- Price Code: PY 900
- SPARS Code: DDD
|537 130-2||Charlie Haden & Pat Metheny||Charlie Haden & Pat Metheny - Beyond The Missouri Sky (Short Stories) (CD, Album, Dig)||Verve Records||537 130-2||Europe||1997|
|POCJ-1365||Charlie Haden & Pat Metheny||Charlie Haden & Pat Metheny - Beyond The Missouri Sky (Short Stories) (CD, Album)||Verve Records||POCJ-1365||Japan||1997|
|531 563-8||Charlie Haden & Pat Metheny||Charlie Haden & Pat Metheny - Beyond The Missouri Sky (Short Stories) (CD, Album, RE)||Verve Records||531 563-8||Europe||Unknown|
|538 322-2||Charlie Haden, Pat Metheny||Charlie Haden, Pat Metheny - Beyond The Missouri Sky (2xLP, Album, RE)||Decca||538 322-2||Europe||2018|
|314 537 130-2, D116942||Charlie Haden & Pat Metheny||Charlie Haden & Pat Metheny - Beyond The Missouri Sky (CD, Album, Club)||Verve Records, BMG Direct Marketing, Inc.||314 537 130-2, D116942||US||1997|