Blue Rodeo - Palace Of Gold album
All lyrics from Palace Of Gold album, popular Blue Rodeo songs with tracklist and information about album. Arranged By. Blue Rodeo, Richard Underhill, The Bushwhack Horns, Anne Lindsay.
Palace Of Gold Album.
Listen free to Blue Rodeo – Palace of Gold (Palace of Gold, Holding On Too Tight and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
Сравни цены с десятков сайтов онлайн-бронирования!
Palace of Gold is the ninth studio album by the Canadian country rock band Blue Rodeo. It is the band's first album with guitarist Bob Egan, formerly of Freakwater and Wilco, and is notable for performances featuring the Bushwhack Horns. All songs by Greg Keelor and Jim Cuddy, except where noted. Palace of Gold" – 3:47. Homeward Bound Angel" – 5:47. Walk Like You Don't Mind" – 4:09. Love Never Lies" – 3:27.
Producer, Mixed By – Blue Rodeo. Recorded By – Ian Osborne (tracks: 14). Recorded By, Mixed By – Nick Holmes (2) (tracks: 1 to 13).
Album · 2002 · 14 Songs. 2002 Blue Rodeo Productions. See All. Greatest Hits, Vol. 1.
Palace of Gold is the ninth studio album by the Canadian country rock band Blue Rodeo. Studio album by Blue Rodeo. The Sadies' album on which the track appears was produced by Blue Rodeo singer/guitarist Greg Keelor. Singer/guitarist Jim Cuddy has stated in concert that "Bulletproof", the album's first single, was his attempt to emulate the songwriting of admired singer-songwriter Ron Sexsmith. He originally wrote the song to give to Blue Rodeo bassist Bazil Donovan for use in a solo project, but chose in the end to keep the song for Blue Rodeo. Glad to Be Alive" was later rerecorded for Blue Rodeo's 2014 Christmas album, A Merrie Christmas to You. Chart performance
At their core, the songs on Palace of Gold (at least the best ones) remain close to the group's country-rock core; "Palace of Gold," "Glad to Be Alive," and "Tell Me Baby" all featuring heartfelt singing, jangling guitars, and soaring pedal steel. They could have dropped the gushing "Bulletproof" and still gained some ground. While many longtime fans insist the group reached its high-water mark with the fruitful Five Days in July or Lost Together albums, Blue Rodeo's willingness to move forward while staying true to a good basic sound on Palace.
Holding On Too Tight. Homeward Bound Angel. Walk Like You Don't Mind. Find a Way to Say Goodbye. MusicBrainz: Palace Of Gold.
With Palace Of Gold, Blue Rodeo has managed that rarest of tricks in the music scene. They've reinvented themselves without running away from themselvess. Palace Of Gold does sound like a Blue Rodeo record, the first three songs on the album would not seem out of place on most of the band's previous offerings. But the inclusion of new sounds and dynamics mixed with the more classic sounding tracks makes Palace Of Gold something truly incredible.
|1||Palace Of Gold||3:47|
|3||Homeward Bound Angel||5:47|
|6||Walk Like You Don't Mind||4:09|
|7||Love Never Lies||3:27|
|9||Cause For Sympathy||4:12|
|10||What A Surprise||3:33|
|12||Glad To Be Alive||3:20|
|13||Find A Way To Say Goodbye||4:20|
|14||Tell Me Baby||5:02|
- Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone – Richard Underhill
- Arranged By [Horn Arrangements] – Blue Rodeo, Richard Underhill, The Bushwhack Horns
- Arranged By [String Arrangements] – Anne Lindsay, Blue Rodeo
- Artwork By – Rick White
- Backing Vocals – Laura Hubert, Molly Johnson
- Baritone Saxophone – Chris Gale
- Bass Guitar – Bazil Donovan
- Cello – Richard Armin, Winona Zelenka
- Design – Patrick Duffy
- Drums – Glenn Milchem
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Performer [Horns] – The Bushwhack Horns
- Performer [Strings] – The Planet Soul Strings
- Piano, Organ, Organ [Wurlitzer] – James Gray
- Producer, Mixed By – Blue Rodeo
- Recorded By – Ian Osborne* (tracks: 14)
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Nick Holmes (tracks: 1 to 13)
- Steel Guitar [Pedal], Mandolin, Guitar – Bob Egan
- Trombone – Stephen Donald
- Trumpet, French Horn, Flugelhorn – Bryden Baird
- Vibraphone – Paul Aucoin
- Viola – Claudio Vena, Dan Blackman*
- Violin – Adele Armin, Anne Lindsay, Jayne Maddison, Norman Hathaway, Ron Mah, Wendy Rose
- Vocals, Guitar – Greg Keelor
- Vocals, Guitar, Organ [Wurlitzer] – Jim Cuddy
- Written By – Keelor/Cuddy
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8 09274 49152 7
- Matrix / Runout: 092744915-2 12/02 V01
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L012
|2 44915||Blue Rodeo||Palace Of Gold (CD, Album)||WEA||2 44915||Canada||2002|
|11661-3229-2||Blue Rodeo||Palace Of Gold (CD, Album)||Rounder Records||11661-3229-2||US||2002|
|BLUE2002||Blue Rodeo||Palace Of Gold Advance Music (CD, Album)||WEA||BLUE2002||Canada||2002|
|W2 44915||Blue Rodeo||Palace Of Gold (CD, Album, Club)||WEA||W2 44915||Canada||2002|