Sister Sledge - We Are Family album
Слушать песню Sister sledge – We are family (Remix) онлайн или скачать mp3 в хорошем качестве 320 kbps на телефон (андроид, айфон) вы можете на сайте YoSound.
Watch and download free files flac.
We Are Family is the third studio album by the American R&B vocal group Sister Sledge, released on January 22, 1979 in the United States and on April 30, 1979 in the United Kingdom by Cotillion Records. The album was written and produced by Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards of the band Chic, and includes four hit singles: the title track, "He's the Greatest Dancer", "Lost in Music", and "Thinking of You", all of which have been sampled, remixed, and reissued in the decades after the album's release.
The Rodgers/Edwards team handles all of the writing, producing, and arranging on this album; so not surprisingly, almost everything on We Are Family is very Chic-sounding. That is true of the sexy "He's the Greatest Dancer" and the anthemic, uplifting title song (both of which soared to on the R&B charts), as well as excellent album tracks like the lush "Easier to Love," the perky "One More Time," and the addictive "Thinking of Yo. The least Chic-sounding tune on the album is the ballad "Somebody Loves Me," which favors a classic.
Sister Sledge's We Are Family came at the summit of an amazing non-stop burst of creativity from Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards, aka The Chic Organization Ltd, in 1978. Recorded simultaneously with Chic's own C'est Chic album, We Are Family was written and produced by Rodgers and Edwards, who had recently scored big with Everybody Dance and Dance, Dance, Dance. They were offered the cream of Atlantic’s roster to work with. Icons such as The Rolling Stones and Aretha Franklin were rejected in favour of Philadelphia quartet Sister Sledge. It was especially taken to heart in the UK, and awarded Sister Sledge the disco diva status that they so rightly deserved. It remains the album on which their reputation rests. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.
Watch the video for We Are Family from Sister Sledge's We Are Family for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. View full artist profile.
LP (12" album, 33 rpm). Sister Sledge Format: Vinyl. If you are a fan of the super disco group CHIC, then you must be aware of SISTER SLEDGE, because the songs of both groups are produced by the same folks, BERNARD EDWARDS and NILE RODGERS. This album cannot age, an immortal of sorts. Highly recommended to all who is into timeless disco, it will secure it's place in your private stock and in your heart.
|2||Thinking Of You||9:46|
|3||He's The Greatest Dancer||6:18|
|6||Brother Brother Stop||7:16|
|7||Love Of The Lord||5:06|
|8||We Are Family||6:49|
|9||Lost In Music/Melody Is Good To Me/Lost In Music (Reprise)||22:34|
NotesLive Concert 1991.
Digitally remastered by Post Haste Sound, CA.
1: The duration given on the release for track 1 as 5:60 is incorrect.
|JHD 116||Sister Sledge||Lost In Music (CD, Album)||Tring International PLC||JHD 116||Europe||1993|
|303032||Sister Sledge||Live - We Are Family (CD)||Hallmark Records||303032||Europe||1996|
|SLAM 0057||Sister Sledge||Live (CD, Album)||Slam Music||SLAM 0057||UK||Unknown|
|SYN-053||Sister Sledge||We Are Family (CD, Album, RM, dig)||Synergy Entertainment||SYN-053||US||2006|
|3815212||Sister Sledge||Hits Live (CD, Album, Comp)||Galaxy Music||3815212||Europe||2000|
|A1||He's The Greatest Dancer||6:04|
|A2||Lost In Music||4:42|
|A3||Somebody Loves Me||4:48|
|A4||Thinking Of You||4:20|
|B1||We Are Family||8:06|
|B2||Easier To Love||4:55|
|B3||You're A Friend To Me||5:20|
|B4||One More Time||3:07|
- Record Company – Warner Communications
- Produced For – Chic Organization Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Cotillion Records
- Copyright (c) – Cotillion Records
- Published By – Chic Music, Inc.
- Recorded At – Power Station
- Mixed At – Power Station
- Mastered At – Atlantic Studios
- Mastered At – Presswell
- Mastered At – Monarch Record Mfg. Co. – △24086
- Pressed By – Monarch Record Mfg. Co.
- Manufactured By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Art Direction – Bob Defrin
- Backing Vocals – Alfa Anderson, David Lasley, Diva Gray, Luther Vandross, Norma Jean Wright
- Bass – Bernard Edwards
- Clavinet – Robert Sabino*
- Concertmaster – Gene Orloff
- Drums – Tony Thompson
- Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes] – Raymond Jones
- Engineer – Bob Clearmountain, Bert Szerlip*, Don Berman
- Engineer [Assitant] – Jeff Hendrickson, Ray Willard*
- Guitar – Nile Rodgers
- Mastered By – Dennis King
- Percussion – Sammy Figueroa
- Photography By – Jim Houghton
- Piano – Andy Schwartz, Robert Sabino*
- Producer – Bernard Edwards & Nile Rodgers
- Saxophone – Jean Fineberg
- Saxophone, Flute – Alex Foster
- Strings – Cheryl Hong, Karen Milne, Marianne Carroll
- Trombone – Barry Rogers
- Trumpet – Ellen Seeling, Jon Faddis
- Written-By, Arranged By, Conductor – Nile Rodgers And Bernard Edwards*
NotesMonarch Record Mfg. Co. pressing, per "-MO" suffix on label matrices.
All songs recorded & mixed at Power Station Studios, New York, New York.
℗ © 1979 Cotillion Records
Printed in U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side One Label): ST-CTN-784193-MO
- Matrix / Runout (Side Two Label): ST-CTN-784194-MO
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side A, etched): ST-CTN-784193-DD △24086 ⑤ (PR)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side B, etched): ST-CTN-784194-BB △24086-X ⑤ (PR)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side B, stamped): (MR) ATLANTIC STUDIOS D.K.
- Pressing Plant ID (On labels): MO
- Rights Society: BMI
|SD 5209||Sister Sledge||We Are Family (LP, Album, SP)||Cotillion||SD 5209||US||1979|
|COT 50 587, SD 5209||Sister Sledge||We Are Family (LP, Album)||Cotillion, Atlantic||COT 50 587, SD 5209||Belgium||1979|
|TP 5209||Sister Sledge||We Are Family (8-Trk, Album, Club)||Cotillion||TP 5209||US||1979|
|2300132||Sister Sledge||We Are Family (LP, Album)||Cotillion||2300132||Colombia||1979|
|K50587, K 50587, SD 5209||Sister Sledge||We Are Family (LP, Album)||Atlantic, Atlantic, Cotillion||K50587, K 50587, SD 5209||UK||1979|