Isaac Hayes - Black Moses album
Isaac Hayes - I Stand Accused
Album · 1971 · 14 Songs.
Black Moses is the fifth studio album by American soul musician Isaac Hayes. It is a double album released on Stax Records' Enterprise label in 1971. The follow-up to Hayes' successful soundtrack for Shaft (also a double album), Black Moses features Hayes' version of The Jackson 5's hit single "Never Can Say Goodbye". Hayes' version became a hit in its own right, peaking at number 22 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Black Moses (2016) - download the album and listen online. On this page you can listen to the album, get information about the album, see the list of songs and much more. Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: Black Moses (2016).
Black Moses Volume 1 (Cass, Album). Vendre cette version. Black Moses (2x8-Trk, Album, Club). Black Moses (2xLP, Album, Fol). ENS-5003, ENS 2-5003.
Black Moses was released as a double-album in late November 1971, and by early December it was climbing the Billboard chart to its N. 0 peak. And yet it remains somewhat overlooked today, perhaps suffering for following his brilliant first three solo albums for Stax Records, Hot Buttered Soul, The Isaac Hayes Movement an. o Be Continued – and not forgetting his groundbreaking Blaxploitation soundtrack for Shaft. Black Moses was recorded between March and October 1971, in the middle of the period when Hayes recorded the Shaft soundtrack
Listen to Black Moses by Isaac Hayes on Deezer. Writer: Isaac Hayes - Jerry Butler - Kenneth Gamble - Theresa Bell, Composers: Isaac Hayes - Jerry Butler - Kenneth Gamble - Theresa Bell. 07. Going In Circles.
Listen to Black Moses now. Listen to Black Moses in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
This Is Isaac Hayes Tee (Black). Isaac was honest and vulnerable with his emotions. His loves, his losses, his joys and his regrets. Isaac’s sensitivity was his strength in his music.
Black Moses was at that point one of the most elaborate LP packages issued for a black artist and as such represented a show of faith that Hayes, fresh off the unprecedented success of the Shaft soundtrack in 1971, could command sales to rival those of his white contemporaries. And like that foldout cross, it was a massively ambitious statement album, a collection of covers and originals that documented the collapse of Hayes' marriage. It was an enormous success, lodging at on the black charts for seven long weeks. Stax is also reissuing Hayes' 1976 album, Disco Freak (Juicy Fruit), accompanied by a similarly over-the-top packaging. The cover shows him shirtless in a pool blowing a kiss to the camera while surrounded by a bevy of fruit-draped beauties. Open the gatefold to see the women's feet with panties 'round their ankles.
|A1||Never Can Say Goodbye|
|A2||(They Long To Be) Close To You|
|A3||Nothing Takes The Place Of You|
|B1||Never Gonna Give You Up|
|B2a||Ike's Rap II|
|B2b||Help Me Love|
|B3||Need To Belong To Someone|
|C1a||Ike's Rap III|
|C1b||Your Love Is So Doggone Good|
|C2||For The Good Times|
|C3||I'll Never Fall In Love Again|
|D1||Part Time Love|
|D2a||Ike's Rap IV|
|D2b||A Brand New Me|
|D3||Going In Circles|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Craft Recordings
- Copyright (c) – Craft Recordings
- Record Company – Concord Music Group, Inc.
- Remastered At – Elysian Masters
- Lacquer Cut At – Elysian Masters
- Mastered At – GZ Media – 163625E
- Mastered At – GZ Media – 163626E
- Pressed By – Memphis Record Pressing – MRP0980
- Arranged By – Dale Warren (tracks: A2, D3), Johnny Allen (tracks: A1, A3 to D2)
- Arranged By [Backing Vocals] – Pat Lewis
- Art Direction – David Krieger, The Graffiteria
- Backing Vocals – Hot, Buttered & Soul (tracks: A2 to C1a, C2 to D3), Isaac Hayes (tracks: A1, C1b)
- Band – The Bar-Kays* (tracks: A2, D3), The Isaac Hayes Movement*
- Bass Guitar – Ronald Hudson
- Bongos, Congas – Gary Jones
- Creative Director – Larry Shaw
- Design [Packaging] – AGI
- Drums, Tambourine – Willie Hall
- Edited By – Darryl Williams
- Electric Piano, Piano – Lester Snell
- Engineer – Dave Purple, Eddie Marion, Henry Bush, Isaac Hayes, Ron Capone, William Brown*
- Lacquer Cut By – CN*
- Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar – Charles Pitts*
- Photography By – Joel Brodsky
- Piano, Vibraphone, Organ, Electric Piano – Isaac Hayes
- Producer, Arranged By – Isaac Hayes
- Remastered By – Dave Cooley
NotesAudio Remastered From The Original Analog Tapes By Dave Cooley At Elysian Masters
Includes Deluxe Double-Sided Fold-Out Packaging
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8 88072 02921 7
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): MRP0980/888072029224-A 163625E1/A A1 888072029224-A CN
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): MRP0980/888072029224-B 163625E2/A B1 888072029224-B CN
- Matrix / Runout (Side C): MRP0980/888072029231-A 163626E1/A C1 888072029231-A CN
- Matrix / Runout (Side D): MRP0980/888072029231-B 163626E2/A D1 888072029231-B CN
|ENS-5003||Isaac Hayes||Black Moses (2xLP, Album, Fol)||Enterprise||ENS-5003||US||1971|
|2SCD-88006-2, ENS-2-5003||Isaac Hayes||Black Moses (2xCD, Album, RE)||Stax, Enterprise||2SCD-88006-2, ENS-2-5003||US||1989|
|STX 88006||Isaac Hayes||Black Moses (2xLP, Album, RE)||Stax||STX 88006||Italy||Unknown|
|EN 52-5003||Isaac Hayes||Black Moses (2xCass, Album)||Enterprise||EN 52-5003||Canada||Unknown|
|2628 004||Isaac Hayes||Black Moses (2xLP, Album)||Stax||2628 004||UK||1972|