Richard Tee - Strokin' album
Strokin' by Richard Tee on WhoSampled. Discover all of this album's music connections, watch videos, listen to music, discuss and download.
BOTTOM LINE Live 1990. Richard Te. alph MacDonald. Will Lee. John Tropea.
B1. I Wanted It Too. Harmonica – Hugh McCrackenLyricon – Tom ScottWritten-By – R. MacDonald, W. Salter. Richard Tee. Strokin' (LP, Album). Strokin' (LP, Album, San).
Richard Tee. Strokin' Tracklist. 1. First Love Lyrics.
Richard Tee came up from North Carolina and added a thick spread of Gospel to the collective sometimes billed as 'Stuff' (and sometimes not billed at al. Every cut here climbs into a groove and rides. You NEVER, not for a second, feel like anybody in the room is thinking about what they're gonna have for dinner. They're RIGHT IN IT. Except for the "Take the A Train" cover, which just didn't really work . 2 people found this helpful.
Strokin' Album Cover Art. Cover Art.
Richard Tee - Strokin' (1978, 2015, Tappan Zee-Japan)/Richard Tee - Strokin'. Richard Tee - Strokin' (1978, 2015, Tappan Zee-Japan)/Richard Tee - Strokin'. Richard Tee - Strokin' (1978, 2015, Tappan Zee-Japan)/Artwork/ - . 0. Richard Tee - Strokin' (1978, 2015, Tappan Zee-Japan)/Artwork/back. Richard Tee - Strokin' (1978, 2015, Tappan Zee-Japan)/Artwork/front.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Saxophone – Tom ScottWritten-By – C. Rainey*
Lead Vocals – Richard TeeWritten-By – B. Withers*, R. Tee*
Written-By – R. Tee*
|B1||I Wanted It Too
Harmonica – Hugh McCrackenLyricon – Tom ScottWritten-By – R. MacDonald*, W. Salter*
Lyricon – Tom ScottWritten-By – R. Tee*
|B3||Jesus Children Of America
Written-By – S. Wonder*
|B4||Take The "A" Train
Written-By – B. Strayhorn*
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Tappan Zee Records, Inc.
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Manufactured By – CBS Inc.
- Published By – Charles Rainey Music
- Published By – Bloody Music, Inc.
- Published By – Bleunig Music, Inc.
- Published By – Wayward Music, Inc.
- Published By – Antisia Music, Inc.
- Published By – Jobete Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – Blackbull Music Inc.
- Published By – Tempo Music Inc.
- Recorded At – A&R Studios
- Recorded At – Power Station
- Mixed At – Sound Mixers
- Mastered At – CBS Studios, New York
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman
- Arranged By, Conductor – Richard Tee
- Bass – Chuck Rainey
- Concertmaster – David Nadien
- Coordinator [Studios Production] – Carey Bozanich
- Design – Paula Scher
- Drums – Steve Gadd
- Engineer – Joe Jorgensen
- Engineer [Assistant] – Ollie Cotton, Tim Bomba, Vern Carlson
- Guitar – Eric Gale
- Horns – Barry Rogers, Jon Faddis, Michael Brecker, Randy Brecker, Seldon Powell
- Keyboards – Richard Tee
- Mastered By – Vladimir Meller*
- Percussion – Ralph MacDonald
- Photography By – Buddy Endress*
- Photography By [Inside] – David Gahr
- Producer – Bob James
- Strings – Al Brown*, Beverly Lauridsen, Gudun Schaumann, Guy Lumia, Harry Cykman, Jesse Levy, Jonathan Abramowitz, Kathy Kienke*, Kermit Moore, Max Cahn, Max Pollikoff, Paul Gershman, Richard Sortomme, Selwart Clarke, Stan Pollock*
- Vocals – Frank Floyd, Ken Williams, Richard Tee, Bill Eaton*, Zachary Sanders
NotesGatefold jacket with two page glossy promo catalog.
Rhythm recorded at A&R Recording Studios, N.Y. / Assistant Engineers: Ollie Cotton / Strings and horns recorded at Power Station Recording Studios, N.Y. / Mixed at Soundmixers, N.Y. / Assistant Engineers : Vern Carlson and Tim Bomba / Mastered at CBS Recording Studios, N.Y. / Mastering Engineer : Vladimir Meller / Production Coordinator : Carey Bozanich
A1 published by Charles Rainey Music, A2 by Bloody Music, Inc. / Bleunig Music, Inc. / Wayward Music, Inc., and A3 by Bloody Music, Inc. / Wayward Music, Inc.. B1 published by Antisia Music, Inc., B2 by Bloody Music, Inc., B3 by Jobete Music Co., Inc. / Blackbull Music Inc. and B4 byTempo Music Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Center label A, stamped): AL 35695
- Matrix / Runout (Center label B, stamped): BL 35695
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, etched [variant 1]): AL 35695-1A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, etched [variant 1]): P BL 35695-1G
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped [variant 2]): AL 35695-1B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped [variant 2]): P BL 35695-1B
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|VICJ-60988||Richard Tee||Strokin' (CD, Album, RE, Pap)||Victor Entertainment, Inc.||VICJ-60988||Japan||2002|
|VICJ-61218||Richard Tee||Strokin' (CD, Album, RE)||Victor||VICJ-61218||Japan||2005|
|ESM CD 586, GAS 0000586 ESM||Richard Tee||Strokin' (CD, Album, RE)||Essential, Essential||ESM CD 586, GAS 0000586 ESM||UK||1997|
|SBP 237307||Richard Tee||Strokin' (LP, Album)||Tappan Zee Records||SBP 237307||Australia||1979|
|JC 35695||Richard Tee||Strokin' (LP, Album, San)||Tappan Zee Records||JC 35695||US||1979|