Spinners - Spinners album
Spinners by The Spinners on WhoSampled. Discover all of this album's music connections, watch videos, listen to music, discuss and download.
Игрушка-антистресс Spinner Купите по выгодной цене!
Spinners is the third studio album recorded by American R&B group The Spinners, produced by Thom Bell and released in April 1973 on the Atlantic label. The album was the group's first for Atlantic after leaving Motown. Spinners includes their first American top-ten and R&B number-one hit "I'll Be Around", along with the successful songs "Could It Be I'm Falling in Love", "One of a Kind (Love Affair)", "Ghetto Child", and "How Could I Let You Get Away".
Spinners – Spinners. Label: Atlantic – SD 7256. Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, MO. Country: US.
Biography by Stephen Thomas Erlewine. Dapper R&B troop whose elaborately orchestrated arrangements finally made them soul maestros in the 1970s.
The Spinners’ 1973 LP was self-titled because it represented a new start for the group. They had a new label (Atlantic), a new lead singer (Phillipe Wynne), and a new studio team (Sigma Sound Studios, in Philadelphia). This confluence of fresh ideas helped create one of the great soul masterpieces of the early '70s, one that boasted a trifecta of hits in I’ll Be Around, Could It Be I’m Falling in Love," and How Could I Let You Get Away. The first song is one of the most seductive arrangements of all time, courtesy of Thom Bell. The rest of the album followed the lead of its brilliant hit singles, creating a sound that was at once mature and perfectly sweet.
More albums from Spinners: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow by Spinners. Can’t Shake This Feelin’ by Spinners. Pick Of The Litter by Spinners. Lovin’ Feelings by Spinners. From Here To Eternally by Spinners. Down To Business by Spinners. Labor Of Love by Spinners. Spinners/8 by Spinners. View all albums . Spinners.
Spinners - Working My Way Back To You. marchelone. The Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love (Official Vinyl Video). The Spinners - Sadie.
Artists The Spinners Spinners. Spinners The Spinners. This album has an average beat per minute of 130 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 74/208 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page.
The Platinum Collection - Студийный альбом от The Spinners. В альбом вошло 20 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 01:13:15. SPINNERS How Could I Let You Get Away, from the Very Best of The Spinners Album wmv. The Spinners - How Could I Let You Get Away.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Just Can't Get You Out Of My Mind
Written-By – Vinnie Barrett
|2||Just You And Me Baby
Written-By – Yvette Davis
|3||Don't Let The Green Grass Fool You
Written-By – Jerry Akines, Johnnie Bellmon*, Reginald Turner, Victor Drayton
|4||I Could Never (Repay Your Love)
Written-By – Bruce Hawes
|5||I'll Be Around
Written-By – Phil Hurtt, Thom Bell
|6||One Of A Kind (Love Affair)
Written-By – Joseph B. Jefferson*
|7||We Belong Together
Written-By – Yvette Davis
Written-By – Linda Creed, Thom Bell
|9||How Could I Let You Get Away
Written-By – Yvette Davis
|10||Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
Written-By – Melvin Steals, Mervin Steals
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Manufactured By – Rhino Records Inc.
- Marketed By – Rhino Records Inc.
- Remastered At – DigiPrep
- Glass Mastered At – WEA Mfg. Olyphant – X17539
- Pressed By – Cinram, Olyphant, PA
- Alto Saxophone, Flute – Jack Faith
- Art Direction [Reissue] – Coco Shinomiya
- Backing Vocals – Barbara Ingram, Carla Benson, Yvette Benton*, Linda Creed
- Baritone Vocals – Henry Fambrough
- Bass – Ronnie Baker*
- Bass Vocals – Pervis Jackson
- Congas, Bongos – Larry Washington
- Design [Original Album Design] – Loring Eutemey
- Design [Reissue Design] – Sevie Bates
- Drums – Earl Young
- Engineer [Recording & Re-mix] – Joe Tarsia, Sigma Sound Studios, Philadelphia
- French Horn – Robert Martin*, Joe DeAnglis*
- Guitar – Bobby Eli, Norman Harris, Roland Chambers
- Liner Notes – A. Scott Galloway
- Liner Notes [Discographical Annotation] – Gary Peterson , Patrick Milligan
- Photography – Merrill A. Roberts, Jr., Michael Ochs Archives
- Piano – Thom Bell
- Producer, Arranged By, Conductor – Thom Bell
- Remastered By – Bill Inglot, Dan Hersch
- Strings – Don Renaldo
- Supervised By [Reissue Supervision] – David McLees
- Tenor Vocals – Billy Henderson, Bobby Smith*, Philippé Soul Wynne*
- Trombone – Eddie Keskarella, Freddy Joiner*, Richie Genevese (Basketball)*, Bobby Moore*
- Trumpet – Bobby Hartzell*, Rocco Bene
- Vibraphone, Marimba – Vince Montana*
NotesFrom back inlay insert:
This is simply the best Philly soul album you can buy. Of the four R&B Top 10 singles from Spinners, three were million-sellers.
The other six songs are stone classics. "I Could Never (Repay Your Love)" is the best of them, as lead singer Philippé Wynne testifies through seven minutes of soul heaven.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (As Printed): 0 8122-71882-2 1
- Barcode (String): 081227188221
- Matrix / Runout: [wea mfg. OLYPHANT logo] X17539 3 R2 71882-2 RE-1 02 M1S3 C1
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2U4J
|SD 7256||Spinners||Spinners (LP, Album, MO)||Atlantic||SD 7256||US||1973|
|WPCR-16769||Spinners||Spinners (CD, Album, RE, RM, SHM)||Atlantic||WPCR-16769||Japan||2015|
|SD 7256||Spinners||Spinners (LP, Album, BB,)||Atlantic||SD 7256||US||1973|
|P-8328A||Spinners||Spinners (LP, Album)||Atlantic||P-8328A||Japan||1973|
|SD 7256||Spinners||Spinners (LP, Album, TP)||Atlantic||SD 7256||US||1973|